If you don’t have a kitchen machine yet, you don’t know what you’re missing.
Household kitchen robots are born with the aim of guaranteeing a complete and elaborate diet despite the oppressive pace of life. You don’t need to be an expert either. If something distinguishes these devices is the ease of use .
Are you tired of cleaning the entire kitchen when trying to make a dish that requires a bit of elaboration? Surely, because no one likes to deal with dirt on the countertop, mixer, saucepans, and more. That’s why it’s great to use a single tool to multitask
Top 5 Best Kitchen Robots: Editor Recommended
Kitchen robots can be of two types: either a programmable pot, or a food processor.
- The programmable pots only cook the food, so that the preparation corresponds to the user.
- On the other hand, the processors do prepare and also cook them, but both functions are carried out separately. This being the case, they are not programmable by the hour, since you have to be aware of each process and take out and put the ingredients in according to the different preparations that a single dish requires.
The main advantage of both is that they greatly reduce the effort and time required to cook, thanks to the fact that:
- They optimize your time , because you don’t have to use a kitchen utensil for each task.
- They keep you clean , since you only have to wash the bowl and accessories (some even have a self-cleaning function).
- They ensure order in the kitchen , as they are compact, take up little space and their pieces are stored together inside the container itself.
- They reduce your work , due to its great versatility you will need less dedication and you will tire less.
In this guide you will find the 10 best kitchen robots according to our expert analysts and user opinions, from the most basic models to those with professional functions.
At the end you will also find a practical comparison table and a complete buying guide so that you have no doubts before making your choice.
The 10 Best Kitchen Robots of 2020 Reviews:
These are the best kitchen machines today according to our team of reviewers. Any of them is an excellent buy, but check first that it fits your specific needs.
1. Taurus My cook Touch
No products found.
It is one of the most complete kitchen robots we have found: the Taurus My cook Touch deserves a recommendation from us, because it has practically everything . Its little downside? The price is also the highest, but if you can afford it, this is the best option available right now.
Grind, grate, mince, emulsify, mount, knead, sauté, cook, steam, weigh and have a turbo function. Conclusion? If you put this on your kitchen counter you can save all the space of pots, pans and other junk like a scale, because you have everything covered. We especially liked the frying function. In most robots you get more of a stew than a stir-fry, because when you close the lid, the food cooks in its own juice. To solve this issue, Taurus has created a specific function, which, without being perfect, has little to envy when frying in a pan. And of course it is much more comfortable, because you do not have to be stirring all the time so that the food does not stick.
Once the kitchen functions are seen, we go with the extra features :
- WiFi connection . This way the recipes are updated continuously, and you can, for example, choose the menus of the week and send the shopping list to your mobile. If you are technological, you will appreciate it.
- Recipe book in Spanish , with nutritional information. If you don’t want to complicate it, you can follow the recipe step by step, but it also allows you to customize it according to your tastes (more or less raw, for example). It offers access to more than 7,000 recipes from the Mycook club directly from the robot.
- Manual mode and recipe mode . If you have a very controlled machine or you just want to do something specific, you can control time, temperature and cooking speed. If you prefer not to complicate it, put it in recipe mode and stick to the instructions.
- 7 ”touch screen , which we found quite intuitive to use and sensitive (you don’t have to force to hit the buttons).
- Induction cooking up to 140º . Induction transmits heat through the air, this makes food cook better and faster, controlling the process more easily.
- Precision balance , with a margin of error of 5 gr.
- Cooking on three levels : jug, basket and large capacity stainless steamer: 4.5 liters. The steamer allows you to prepare other things, like a sauce, on the lower level.
If you come from other Thermomix-type brands, you will surely get a lot out of this appliance because you will have already lost the fear of trying advanced functions . And if you have no idea and it is your first kitchen robot , you will appreciate the recipes to be able to follow the steps that mark you .
That is why we consider that the Taurus Mycook Touch is valid for both home chefs and those who do not get along with the stove.
- WiFi connection
- Touch screen
- Stir-fry and steamer function
- The cookbook is constantly updated
- High price
- Vibrates when cooking, and could be quieter
2. Cecotec Mambo 8090
No products found.
The Mambo 8090 is just one step behind the exclusive (and expensive) Mambo 9090 and ranks as one of the most attractive kitchen machines on the market in terms of performance and price .
It stands out for its 1,700W power, which allows it to reach up to 130ºC in temperature, its 10 speeds and 30 functions, some as ambitious as crushing ice, crushing, kneading or cooking. And another feature that foodies, especially pastries, will appreciate is the heavy gram for gram with the built-in scale. In addition, it is very complete at the level of accessories , with a Mambo mix spoon, blade, basket, spatula, steamer and the butterfly accessory, which we can use for different preparations.
- Despite having contained dimensions, its stainless steel jug is 3.3 liters (with a useful volume of 2 liters), it has a very robust closing system and a safety lid that can be removed to incorporate ingredients.
- Another of its strengths is how easy it is to use. Although other models on the market have a color touch screen and even Wi-Fi functionality, the Mambo 8090 uses a very intuitive black screen that we can operate with touch buttons and a wheel, a simple but effective set.
And if we lack ideas for cooking, the recipe book offers many proposals and there is also an online community to share information.
The Mambo 8090 has an attractive and compact design. In addition, it is easy to clean, since with a cloth for the body and with the dishwasher we will have most of its accessories ready.
In summary: despite the fact that the price of the Mambo 8090 is typical of the lower-middle range, it has more than enough features for demanding users who do not want complications.
- It has a large number of functions.
- It comes with many accessories.
- Intuitive and easy to use control panel.
- Good relation between benefits and price.
- With scale that weighs gram by gram.
- Some accessories cannot be put in the dishwasher
- Makes more noise than similar models
3. Cecotec Mambo 7090
No products found.
The first thing that catches your eye as soon as you discover the Cecotec Mambo 7090 model is its modern, attractive and original design . Despite its name, it is possible to choose between black and silver.
Both options do not differ in any other characteristic, and both the external appearance and the operability offer a quality much higher than its price. It has twenty-three functions: chop, chop, crush, grind, pulverize, grate, beat, mount, emulsify, mix, cook, stir, steam cook, poach , slow mambo, confit , knead, boil, keep warm, ferment, cook with grade by grade precision , cooks in a water bath and has a turbo function
Really, there is hardly anything I can’t do. This is going to show in the quality of your dishes, but, above all, in the time invested to prepare them.
All the parameters are completely customizable, and the control panel is tactile and easy to use. It has a powerful 1700 W motor that allows you to carry out tasks with efficiency and detail. To prevent food from sticking or burning , the intelligent temperature control is divided into ten levels from 37 ° to 120 ° and the time is adjustable from 1 second to 12 hours.
The jug is made of stainless steel and has a volume of 3.3 liters. In addition, the steamer that includes will allow you to prepare up to three dishes at the same time and with the Mambo Mix spoon you can stir doughs up to 2.5 kg. It also includes a book with recipes and access to Cecotec’s interactive social community.
- All parameters are adjustable.
- Up to three dishes at the same time.
- Good safety system for children.
- Various accessories are sold separately.
4. Moulinex Maxi chef Advance MK812121
No products found.
It is one of the robots that has been most successful among the general public. The reason? With a more than reasonable price, the Maxi chef Advance offers many functions.
For starters, it has no more and no less than forty-five cooking programs . This makes it difficult to find something that you cannot do: bake, reheat, stew, braise, cook, fry, steam … You just have to select the function and set the time when you want to start cooking. You have up to 24 hours in advance to do it You can also record your own recipes with the DIY option: choose the temperature, time and type of cooking you need. Its screen is quite intuitive and easy to use.
With a capacity of 5 liters, the spherical non-stick bowl offers a very homogeneous preparation thanks to the intelligent Fuzzy Logic technology. You can also keep food at the right temperature for as long as you need with the “keep warm ” function .
Accessories? Yes, it includes: a steamer basket, a spatula, a measuring cup and a recipe book to inspire you with your first dishes. Without a doubt, a very resistant robot that adapts to any need.
- Very adjusted price.
- Manual setting for recipe customization.
- Can be cooked with the lid open
- It does not have automatic shutdown.
5. Bosch MUC88B68ES Auto Cook
No products found.
The manufacturer itself ( Bosch ) defines this model as a programmable electric pressure cooker . And is that the Auto Cook uses the induction heating system and pressure cooking.
To program it, you only have to choose the function (there are 16 in total), the time and the start time. It does not need any type of supervision because it has a pulse self – depressurization procedure that makes it a safe and reliable option. Also, it turns off automatically or stays in warm-up mode when finished. The sixteen programs have up to fifty different combinations of temperature and time. Depending on the temperature, which ranges from 40 ° to 160 °, you can use various cooking techniques such as sous-vide , steaming, braising, baking, roasting or light frying.
The accessories will help you to prepare most of the dishes that you propose. Includes a steamer, frying basket, spatula and spoon. When you’re done, everything can go to the dishwasher without a problem.
In addition, if you have any questions, Bosch puts at your service a team of specialists who can help you with the operation, adaptation of recipes and ingredients. They are called “Cooking with Bosch” and you can contact them by phone, email and social media.
It includes a book with a hundred recipes, but you can also download the application where you will find a fairly updated recipe book.
- Very fast and efficient thanks to induction.
- It has a support team that works quite well.
- The advance of the schedule depends on the program.
- The tray is easily scratched.
6. Cecotec Iron Mix
No products found.
Cecotec brand kitchen robots are usually a guarantee of quality and this model is good proof of this.
The Cecotec Iron Mix not only cooks, but also chops, chops, grinds, grinds, pulverizes, grates, whips, mounts, emulsifies, mixes, cooks, stir, steam cooks, poaches, candies, kneads, boils, keeps warm, ferments , cooks in a water bath, reheats and has a Turbo Boost function (sprays and grinds at high speed). Twenty-three functions in total, neither more nor less, although it is true that many you will not use.
Its Low Gear Technology allows to increase the power optimizing the revolutions, which translates into a more efficient and silent operation than most robots. In addition, the handling is quite simple . It has an LCD screen from which all programs are controlled, temperature (adjustable from 20 ° to 120 °), speed (12 levels) and time (from 1 second to 60 minutes).It incorporates a double security system that prevents start-up if the lid is not completely sealed. So you can cook with peace of mind without fear of being confused or children running around.
It includes a recipe book, butterfly, spatula and steamer, and its 3.3-liter jug allows cooking for four people, while the two-level steamer makes it possible to prepare three dishes simultaneously . With that you will get a good time saving.
- Cook up to three dishes at the same time.
- It allows to control the temperature, speed and time.
- It cannot be scheduled in advance.
- The glass must be washed by hand.
7. Klar stein Grand Prix
This Klarste in model is at the top of the mid-range. It is not only a kitchen robot, but it can also be considered a kneading machine and a powerful mixer with twelve different programs .
With its ingenious rotation system, the Grand Prix allows you to mix even the parts closest to the edge, making it perfect for making dough . In addition, various accessories such as stirring hook, dough hook and rods help with different mixing tasks. Others such as the steamer, the simmering basket, the butterfly, the blades, the spatula and the 100 ml measuring container with a lid will also be useful.
Few buttons, knob and good size digital display . You don’t need more to control this easy-to-use machine that incorporates suction cup feet that will ensure its position on the table or counter.
The speed is adjustable up to 12 levels. You can also select the temperature from 30 ° to 120 ° and the time from 1 second to 90 minutes.
If cleaning is an issue that worries you, it will surely reassure you to know that the glass (with a capacity of 2.5 liters) has anti-splash protection and a special mechanism to remove accessories without making more than enough dirt .
- All parameters are adjustable.
- Printed scale.
- Nice accessory set.
- Does not include cookbook.
- The instruction book is not available in Spanish.
8. Kenwood K Cook Multi CCL401WH
No products found.
The Kenwood house has not skimped when it comes to designing and adding functionality to its K Cook Multi model . And, although the container has a volume of 4.5 liters, it has a huge 7.7-liter steamer and double space.
If you need to prepare large meals and dinners on a regular basis, with this robot you will save time and money . For example, you can steam fish and vegetables while you cook some other delicacy downstairs. It also has a built- in food processor called Direct Prep that cuts, slices and shreds. With the Kenwood it is even possible to prepare up to four dishes at the same time.
Apart from its six functions, the most common, it also allows you to modify the cooking temperature. You have a range that goes from 30 ° to 180 °.
The accessory pack consists of a coarse grating disc, a chopping and mixing blade, a stirring tool, a blending tool and a steaming tray. All are dishwasher safe. And if you want ideas, you can use the included cookbook or access the free Kenwood app .
- Large steamer.
- Cook up to four dishes at the same time.
- Pretty quiet
- High price
9. Moulinex HF404113
No products found.
This robot Moulinex allows chopping, mixing, blending, kneading or grinding, while or cupa very little space on the counter. The bowl, shaped like a mixing glass, has a capacity of 3 liters, enough to cook quantities for four people.
Its five functions include slow cooking, soup making, steaming, desserts and warming. Enough not to complicate your life by selecting from a long list of alternatives. The interface is quite intuitive , and allows you to start cooking in just three clicks : the selection of the recipe type, the program and the start of operation. In addition, when finished it automatically keeps the food warm , which is really comfortable if you are somewhat clueless.
All accessories can be washed in the dishwasher and stored inside the container. They are a mixing blade, chopper, whisk, kneader / grinder, and steamer basket. With your purchase they also give you a book with one hundred ready-to-use recipes.
- Small and compact.
- It is easily cleaned.
- It does not allow to regulate the temperature.
- It cannot be scheduled in advance.
10. Redmond RMC-M90E Multi cooker
No products found.
This Redmond includes up to twenty-eight multi-cooking programs that allow you to prepare a huge variety of dishes such as fish, meat, poultry, creams, side dishes, dough, rice, pasta, pizzas, breads and desserts.
All of this can be cooked in its 5-liter non-stick ceramic coating pan . It also has heat resistant handles to remove it with a single gesture and without the possibility of getting burned. The Motouch panel incorporates a touch-sensitive LCD screen with which you can control the robot. That avoids the buttons and dirt that tend to accumulate on these devices.
What distinguishes this from other similarly priced models is the possibility of varying the preparation temperature from 35 ° to 170 ° through the Multi Chef program. This way you can adjust to the maximum how long and at what temperature you want to cook the food.
In addition, it includes a timer and heat preservation function , which will be especially useful if you come home late after work. If you leave everything ready before leaving, you will only have to serve yourself dinner when you arrive.
It includes quite a few extras such as a steamer container, a frying basket, a measuring cup, a flat spoon, a bailer, a stand and a book with 100 recipes.
- Touch screen.
- Wide range of temperature selection.
- Controls in English.
- Cookbook in English.
Final recommendation and opinions of kitchen robots
These are the models that we finally recommend depending on your budget:
The best quality-price kitchen robot: Cecotec Mambo 7090
Its 1700 W power is at the level of high-end models. In fact, it is the most powerful of the analyzed list. And its twenty-three functions are more than enough to be able to replicate, reinvent and experiment with all kinds of recipes. The design of the touch screen provides a plus of modernity, which is also a point in its favor. Quality and price go hand in hand in the case of the Mambo 7090. It offers a lot of options at a fairly moderate price .
Although the temperature only reaches 120 ° it can be adjusted degree by degree. This gives an idea of the accuracy with which its functions can be regulated. It is also feasible to choose the time up to a maximum of 12 hours, which is more than enough time.
On the security side, it also passes with good marks: the Security Check System largely prevents accidents. But it is the possibility of cooking three dishes in parallel that definitely catapults it as the best current option in value for money.
Best cheap food processor : Moulinex Maxi chef Advance MK812121
The Moulinex Maxi chef Advance not only highlights its low price, but also the number of programs it includes. Forty-five is a not inconsiderable figure for a robot that does not exceed $ 100 .Its six-layer coating makes it strong and durable. It also keeps food warm for up to 24 hours after programming.
This allows you to activate the time delay function and go to work or do any other task without fear of finding cold food on your return.
And although its power is not its strong point, the micro-pressure technology with an adjustable valve makes it possible to speed up the cooking time of the dishes.
Without a doubt, an excellent option for the tightest pockets.
Best programmable kitchen robot: Bosch MUC88B68ES AutoCook
With a kitchen robot with a programmable time, you have the option to enter the ingredients and choose when you want it to start working. The Bosch Auto cook is, right now, the most recommended model of all those that have this function. For starters, it has a good power level of 1200 W, because the heating is by induction and it also works as a pressure cooker.
Secondly, its 5-liter capacity allows you to cook a good amount of food in one go and in any of its 16 programs.
In order to preserve the different foods in good condition for consumption, the delay start time depends on the program that we are going to use. For example, legumes can be programmed up to 12 hours in advance, soups with 8, and rice with 6. This prevents food from losing properties or spoiling.
Guide to buying a food processor
You will have heard hundreds of comments, but the truth is that it is not necessary that you invest a month’s salary to get a good kitchen robot. As you have seen, you have them at your fingertips from very little money.
Now, the purpose of this guide is that you take home the best option according to your circumstances and needs . What can work at the neighbor’s house doesn’t have to be what works for you. In each home there is a different situation. That is why it is essential that you make a decision based on your own priorities and those of your family.
What type of user are you?
Surely you like to eat well every day, but how do you relate to cooking?
Do you love to be in command and enjoy cooking?
A kitchen robot will be the ideal pinch so that you can get the most out of your dishes. It will assist you with repetitive, heavy or boring tasks while you develop your creativity .
Are you always going one step further and interested in innovating?
Passionate cooks love trying new things, experimenting, and mixing flavors and textures . Is it your case? Complicated preparations are much easier when you have help like a food processor.
Is cooking not your thing?
That you do not know, do not like or are not interested in cooking will not prevent you from having to eat daily.
A food processor can be a great solution. You don’t need to know anything before you start using it: just follow the recipes point by point and leave all the work to the machine . There is little room for error.
5 reasons to buy a food processor
- To have more time. Kitchen robots are a tool that allows you to shorten preparation times , allowing you to save many minutes every day. Even if you choose to spend that extra time on cooking, you will see that the return you get is much higher.
- To maintain order and cleanliness . A kitchen robot only stains the essentials. Additionally, the removable parts of most models, such as the bowl and accessories, can be washed in the dishwasher.
- To have a healthier diet . With the kitchen robot you can prepare different dishes and with more varied ingredients, the foundation of a balanced diet. No more eating always the same.
- To improve the flavor of your dishes . With the kitchen robot there is no possibility of making a mistake because the quantities, times, speeds and temperatures are always correct. The results will be as intense or even more than if you had dedicated hours.
- To have fun cooking. Using a food processor you will have fun trying new recipes and flavors. Due to its speed and ease of use, you may end up cooking for pleasure rather than obligation.
Points to consider when choosing a kitchen robot
It is difficult to find the robot that meets each and every one of the aspects in a satisfactory way, but not impossible. Either way, evaluate what is the priority for you and start there. Go descending in your order of preferences and always opt for the most complete alternative within your budget .
Types of kitchen robots
There are basically two kinds of kitchen robots:
1. Preprogrammable pot type food processor .
Oval or round, the heat is distributed evenly inside and there are no parts of the food less cooked than others. They have several functions, but their greatest advantage is that they are programmable in advance . That is, you can decide what time you want it to start working, leave the recipe ingredients prepared inside and leave.
It is comfortable because the process is carried out in a single elaboration that you do not have to monitor . All foods are added at once and cooked together. When finished, the heating function activates itself.
You will only have to wash the container when finished. They are usually made of aluminum and covered in a non-stick material that is damaged by scratches and replacement is expensive, so it is advisable to do it very carefully .
This way of cooking also has its disadvantages. These appliances do not sting, mix, or grate. All processing tasks have to be done in a conventional way . In other words: the robot is only responsible for cooking the food that is already prepared in different ways . And this limits the number of recipes that you can make only with the help of the machine.
2. Food processor type food processor .
They are more complete than the previous ones and also more expensive. They incorporate food processing functions, so with them you do not need to do anything outside the machine. Grind, knead, emulsify … The recipes are prepared step by step through the guided instructions that you will find in the recipe book, the application or the screen (which can even be connected to your own mobile devices).
Everything in the recipes is calculated so that you have no doubts : the amounts, the degrees of each preparation, the correct speed and the exact minutes.
Each recipe can consist of several preparations, so it is necessary for the user to remain next to the machine until the last one has been started. In cases in which the food is not cooked all at once, it is essential to add each one in the correct order .
You can’t just walk away and expect the whole process to be complete when you come back, unless it’s a single task. Another weak point is that they do not usually have automatic shutdown or maintenance of the temperature of the food once cooked, these two are characteristics more typical of kitchen robots programmable in advance.
Easy to use
A good kitchen machine has to be easy to use in an intuitive way , no matter what the price is. Control panels can include analog (buttons) or digital (displays) parts or be digital only. However, the fundamental thing is not this, but that you understand the handling .
Ask yourself, could anyone use it without complications ? Are the instructions and commands on the screen clear and are they available in your language ? Are the icons, symbols and light signals representative enough?
All three answers must be a resounding “yes”. If something fails, you better keep looking. In order to fully exploit the qualities of your robot you have to be able to understand it effortlessly and without having to study. A quick glance at the instructions should be enough.
Do not get carried away by the number of programs. This does not make one robot more versatile than another. In fact, if you look at the selection, the most expensive ones are the ones with the least number of automatic programs.
Many brands combine the different functions (blending, roasting, boiling …) with all possible settings for temperature, speed and time ; and that’s how they get a high amount of shows. Knowing this, you should rather observe whether or not these parameters are adjustable . If they are, you have at your service all the combinations you want.
As a general rule, food processor-type kitchen robots are more versatile. In the vast majority of them you can cook two dishes at the same time and some go up to four. They achieve this thanks to accessories that are placed on top of each other vertically, for example, container + steamer on two levels.
Practical advice for a good choice
- The first thing you should be clear about is what type of kitchen robot you need. Pre-programmable pot or food processor?
- Design enters quickly through the eyes, but it is not the most important thing. Choose the kitchen robot that is really capable of helping you in the kitchen. If it’s also pretty, the better!
- Like any gadget you use for the first time, it takes a bit of practice. There are many options and you do not have to limit yourself to the usual just because you do not really learn to use it.
- The robot is a helpful cook, but that doesn’t mean you are leaving the kitchen. If the stove is a pleasure for you and you like to entertain yourself in it, you can use the robot for specific tasks. He doesn’t have to do everything: just chop your vegetables, love your bread or make rice. You put the final point on the plate and the expert eye.
- The integrated balance is replaceable. Many models incorporate printed scales and measuring accessories. You can find a scale at any homeware store. In short: it is not a deal breaker.
- What is decisive (or at least it should be) is the guarantee offered by the manufacturer and / or the seller. Find out well before finalizing your order.
- Look for recipe tutorials on the internet, there are hundreds of options for all makes and models. Try to experiment from the most basic to the most complex.
- Never leave your old food processor on the street. Take it to a clean point or make an appointment with the municipal cleaning service to pick it up.
Now you know everything you need to choose well your kitchen robot. Remember that the most important thing is that it adapts to your lifestyle and that of your family: only then will you be able to get the most out of it and save time and effort when preparing food.