Since the death of typewriters, printing labels became more challenging. The first problem was that you must waste paper to print the single label you want. Another problem – high-quality print labels require special print paper that standard printers cannot use. The solution? Label printers!
Not only is the label printer a convenient substitute for the standard desktop printer, but it is also typically quite affordable. You can purchase the best industrial color label printer on the market without breaking the bank.
Top 5 Best Color Label Printer: Editor’s Pick
Follow the best color label printer reviews for info and tips when choosing your next label printer.
- 1 Top 5 Best Color Label Printer: Editor’s Pick
- 2 10 Best Color Label Printer Review:
- 3 1. Rollo Label Printer – Commercial Grade Direct Thermal High-Speed Printer
- 4 2. DYMO Label Writer 4XL Thermal Label Printer
- 5 3. Brother QL-820NWB Professional, Ultra-Flexible Label Printer
- 6 4. Zebra – GC420d Direct Thermal Desktop Printer for Labels
- 7 5. Brady BMP21-PLUS Handheld Label Printer with Rubber Bumpers
- 8 6. Brother QL-700 High-speed, Professional Label Printer
- 9 7. Seiko Instruments Smart Label Printer 650
- 10 8. Brother P-touch, PTD210, Easy-to-Use Label Maker
- 11 9. DYMO Label Writer 450 Turbo
- 12 10. Brother P-touch, PTP750W, Wireless Label Maker
- 13 Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Select Color Label Printer
- 14 Printer type:
- 15 Workload and frequency of use:
- 16 Printing speed:
- 17 Maintenance cost:
- 18 Supplier’s support and warranty:
- 19 Frequently ASK Question About Color Label Printer
- 20 1. Which label printer is the best?
- 21 2. What is the best thermal printer for shipping labels?
- 22 3. How much does a label maker cost?
- 23 4. Do Label Printers use ink?
- 24 5. Are DYMO plastic labels waterproof?
10 Best Color Label Printer Review:
1. Rollo Label Printer – Commercial Grade Direct Thermal High-Speed Printer
- Works with any Thermal Direct Label including free UPS labels - save hundreds of...
- High Speed Printing at 150mm/s (one shipping label per second). Advanced Thermal...
- Compatible with all major shipping platforms including Stamps.com, Endicia...
For any commercial label printing you need to do, you can rely on the Rollo label printer. Not only are you getting the best industrial color label printer used by major shippers, but you are also getting a label printer that is compatible with any direct thermal label. You won’t need ink or toner to use this printer and, for an affordable price, you too can have a printer that uses the direct thermal technology long trusted by courier and shipping services.
Expect clearly printed labels at a fast speed from your Rollo label printer. Once you buy a Rollo label printer, you don’t have to stress about using proprietary labels as this printer works with any label on the market. Boost your productivity with this high capacity printer as you will get as much as 238 labels per minute on four-row labels. The Rollo is also easy to use. With a single button, the Rollo automatically finds the size and properties of your label and starts printing. The Rollo label printer works like an ordinary printer, and you can use any application to get it to print (even MS Word!) Expect speed and reliability from this compact yet versatile label printer. You might need to order a label roll holder along with your printer for your convenience.
- Rollo printers use Thermal Direct technology to print any label you need; save big on label costs;
- Super-fast printing (at 150mm per second) that does not require ink or toner;
- Print quality is compatible with major shopping and shipping platforms and conforms with standards used by leading courier services like UPS, FedEx, and DHL;
- Rollo printers are easy to set up and use with Windows XP and up as well as Mac 10.9 and up;
- Quickly print labels of any height and as wide as 1.57 to 4.1 inches; perfect for barcodes, shipping labels, IDs, warehouse labels, and much more.
2. DYMO Label Writer 4XL Thermal Label Printer
- PRINT XL SHIPPING LABELS: Print labels up to 4" wide, including 4" x 6" shipping...
- HIGHLY CUSTOMIZABLE: Select from over 60 professional label templates and...
- PRINT FAST: Up to 53 standard 4-line address labels or 129 high capacity 4-line...
Get your wide-format labels printed with the DYMO Label Writer 4XL Thermal Label Printer. With this printer, which is among the best thermal label printers on the market, you don’t have to contend with expensive ink or toner. All your shipping labels, warehouse labels, mailing labels, name tags, and other extra-large labels can be produced easily with the DYMO Label Writer. Not only is the DYMO label printer flexible with a full line of LabelWriter labels, but it is also versatile as it works well on all major web-based selling platforms and popular shippers.
Your DYMO label printer is compact yet able to print for demanding business jobs. No quantity of labels is too much for this hard-working printer to produce. The DYMO productivity software (DYMO Label version 8) allows you to print straight from your PC or Mac using your Outlook, Microsoft Word, or Quick books. You won’t regret your decision to move away from the old way of printing labels to the DYMO Label Writer way of getting the job done.
- Capable of printing shipping labels that are extra-large (around four by 6 inches);
- With the free DYMO labeling software you can choose from more than 60 templates to produce professional looking labels;
- The DYMO label printer works well with Quick books, Microsoft Office, and other applications;
- You don’t need ink and toner to print with the DYMO label printer as it uses direct thermal technology;
- You can print shipping labels straight from online selling platforms such as Amazon and eBay;
- Use only genuine DYMO labels for best results.
3. Brother QL-820NWB Professional, Ultra-Flexible Label Printer
- Flexible connectivity the QL 820NWB network label printer features...
- Also offers a USB host interface for use with a peripheral such as a Scanner
- Ultra fast, up to 110 standard address labels per minute with black text at...
Brother is known for high-quality, professional-grade appliances and the Brother QL-820NWB label printer is no exception. This label printer is not only used by professionals, but it is also suitable for the home office. This best color label printer for small business operators is very dependable as well as fast. No matter how many labels you want to print, the Brother QL will quickly get the job done. Its main specialty is the printing of high-quality black and red labels that can be seen easily. On a single battery charge, you can print up to 2,000 black and 850 colored texts. So, you can use this handy label printer for printing labels and bar codes on packages, envelopes, file folders, and many other items.
Your Brother QL-820NWB can be connected in different ways via Bluetooth, Wireless, USB, or Ethernet. This flexibility offers you convenience as you will always be connected to your printing software whether through a PC, Mac or a smart device. Furthermore, the Brother label printer is the only one on the market that allows you to print colors on the entire label. With the free iPrint & Label App from Brother, you can write your tags from any device. There are many label templates to choose from, or you can design your own.
- A flexible label printer that can be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth;
- Printer features USB ports and an Ethernet connection interface so you can connect other accessories (like a scanner);
- Prints very quickly at 110 address labels per minute (300dpi of black text);
- The monochrome LCD is easy to read;
- The inexpensive Brother label printer is easy to set up and use.
4. Zebra – GC420d Direct Thermal Desktop Printer for Labels
- Easy to use: Connects via USB, Serial, Parallel and is compatible with media...
- Direct thermal technology: Requires the use of direct thermal media, no thermal...
- Affordable and reliable: Designed for durability and reliable performance, great...
Even if you are on a budget, you can afford to buy the best commercial label printer for your home or office. With this reliable Zebra-GC420d label printer, you can produce professional-quality labels, barcodes, receipts, tags, wrist bands, and many more items others will appreciate. You won’t have to buy ink or toner as the Zebra label printer uses direct thermal technology.
Rely on this desktop label printer to serve your label printing needs for a long time as it is also durable. It is designed with a dual-wall frame and a print head made of metal. You won’t need to buy too many replacement parts. Quickly set up your label printer by connecting it to your PC, Mac, or smart device with a USB, parallel, or serial port. You would, however, need to purchase the USB cord separately. One thing is certain, with the Zebra direct thermal label printer you won’t experience paper jams.
- The Zebra printer can be connected to your devices through serial, parallel, or USB ports;
- It works well with direct thermal print label paper that has a maximum width of 4.25 inches;
- You don’t need toner or ink for the Zebra label printer to work – it uses direct thermal print technology;
- Best for print quantities that are low to medium; This will ensure the same high-quality mailing, shipping, bar codes, file folder, and other labels;
- You can print labels on demand using the Zebra label printer – that means you won’t waste 8.5 x 11 paper for printing labels.
5. Brady BMP21-PLUS Handheld Label Printer with Rubber Bumpers
- Handheld printer with keyboard creates multi line labels for clear...
- Keyboard contains letters A to Z and numbers 0 to 9, and the text displays on...
- Text prints in a single color and in 6 font sizes (6 to 40 point)
Printing while in the field is made simple with the Brady BMP21-Plus label printer. It is portable, so that makes printing offsite quite convenient. Rely on this flexible, handheld label printer for labeling surfaces, inventory, and other jobs whenever you need to. Formatting your printing is also quite simple with the automatic formatting feature. Get your printing done by inserting your print cartridge, typing your label and printing it. The Brady BMP21-Plus is designed to be sturdy and durable. Expect to have this item around for a long time as it gets your various jobs done.
This Brady handheld label printer comes with a range of useful features, like the easy to read display that is also backlit, and a useable keyboard. You might, however, find yourself frustrated with the keyboard which is not QWERTY. Nonetheless, the Brady portable label printer is a reliable instrument that you can take with confidence out in the field.
- A versatile portable printer that allows for the labeling of various items such as panels, wires, circuit boards, and other things;
- Resists impact with its tough exterior and wraparound rubber bumpers;
- Although not QWERTY, the keyboard contains all the alphabet and numbers from 0 to 9;
- The backlit LCD screen shows what you type;
- The Brady printer produces single color texts in six font sizes (6 to 40 pts);
- Uses a tape cartridge for continuous printing labels of any width (you’ll have to buy the cartridge separately);
- Six AA alkaline batteries power this printer so you can take it with you out of the office.
6. Brother QL-700 High-speed, Professional Label Printer
- Create cost-effective paper labels for packages, envelopes, file folders, discs,...
- Prints pre-sized, easy-peel, rounded-corner labels. Also prints on...
- Capable of printing postage for packages and envelopes, right from your desk
Make distinctive labels for file folders, envelopes, banners, discs, and other items with the Brother QL-700 label printer. Not only is this a versatile printer for your office or home, but it is also a convenient tool for quickly producing high quality printed labels. Capable of producing up to 93 labels per minute, the Brother QL-700 is regarded as one of the best thermal label printers on the market.
Every finished label is automatically cut with the printer’s automatic cutter. This means accurate printed labels for every occasion. Setting up your label printer is very easy – plug it in and start it without having to install software. Only in the case of advanced uses like creating bar codes will you need the P-touch Editor software that comes with your printer. A convenient feature is the ability to print from Microsoft applications like MS Word, MS Excel, or MS Outlook.
- Brother provides a versatile printer for creating a wide variety of labels;
- It can print on continuous paper, film strips, and pre-sized, rounded-corner, and easy to peel stickers for signs and banners up to 3 feet in length;
- Print labels for your envelopes and packages from your desk;
- You don’t need to use toner or ink for this label printer;
- It precisely cuts labels with an auto cutter.
7. Seiko Instruments Smart Label Printer 650
- Versatile, easy to use, desktop label printer and software
- Supports all major label formats: address, shipping, file folder, name badge,...
- Direct thermal - no ink, toner, or ribbons
You can also expect the best commercial label printer from Seiko Instruments, a brand known for top quality products. The Seiko Instruments Smart Label Printer 650 is faster than other printers in its class. It is also quite easy to set up and use. Its affordability also means you won’t break the bank to get your label printing done. Also, the Seiko label printer takes up so little space you won’t have trouble placing it anywhere you choose.
You can connect your Seiko label printer to your Mac or PC with a USB cord and run it using Windows, Linux, or Mac OS. It is also easier to make, format, and print your labels with the new Smart Label Software that supports popular database, spreadsheet, or word processing platforms. The good news is that you don’t need to depend on special label sheets as this label printer works on most direct thermal label paper on the market.
- The Seiko Smart Label Printer is very easy to use, and it is quite versatile;
- It works well with every major label formats such as shipping, name badge, address, and file folder labels;
- You don’t need to buy toners, ribbons, or ink with this direct thermal printer;
- This label printer is a compact design that takes up very little space.
8. Brother P-touch, PTD210, Easy-to-Use Label Maker
- Quick access to fonts, frames, symbols and more
- Prints up to 2-lines on labels up to 12 millimeter wide
- 14 fonts, 97 frames, and more than 600 symbols
Another of the best color label printer for small business purposes that you can trust comes from the Brother brand. Be introduced to the Brother P-touch PT-D210 label printer, which is an easy to use and versatile label printer. Every label printing need in the office or home is met with this printing workhorse. Create professional quality labels easily with one-touch keys that allow you to get symbols, fonts, templates and frames that suit every purpose. Preview what you are about to print with the screen display before you go ahead and print. This feature prevents any disastrous label printing mistakes.
Brother PT-D210 label printer is easy to carry around as does not weigh much. You can work with your Brother label printer at any location when you use six triple-A batteries (which you buy separately). In case you don’t have to take your label printer anywhere else, keep it connected with an AC power adapter. A sturdy case also protects your PT-D210 printer so you can store it anywhere or travel with it.
- You can preview your label before printing it;
- The printer operates with one-touch buttons that allow easy access to templates, symbols, frames, fonts, and other features;
- It comes with ready-to-use templates for most occasions including for gift labels;
- You can keep up to thirty labels ready for reprinting in the printer’s easy-access memory.
9. DYMO Label Writer 450 Turbo
- TURBO LABELING AND PRINTING: Create and print up to 71 4 line address, shipping,...
- ELIMINATE THE WASTE AND HASSLE OF SHEET LABELS: The DYMO Label Writer 450 Turbo...
- NEVER BUY INK AGAIN: Direct Thermal printing technology eliminates the cost of...
The DYMO Label Writer 450 Turbo is yet another label printer you can trust with your label printing jobs. Like other label writers in the DYMO family, the Label Writer 450 Turbo is a versatile and easy-to-use appliance that produces excellent results. It is compatible with Mac as well as Windows, so there’s no restriction on where and how you can make the most of your DYMO Label Writer.
Every mailing label, warehouse tag, shipping label, and name badge is quickly printed with the DYMO Label Writer 450 Turbo. Not only can you expect the DYMO label printer to be flexible, but also expect versatility as it performs with every leading shipper and major online selling platforms. You’ll be glad you choose the DYMO Label Writer 450 Turbo as the best commercial label printer for your home or office label printing jobs.
- Can be used to print extra-large shipping labels;
- You can use other applications such as Microsoft Office and Quickbooks to write from the DYMO label printer;
- The DYMO label printer works with direct thermal technology, so you don’t need toner or ink;
- Design and print your shipping labels direct from platforms like eBay;
- Only authentic DYMO labels should be used for best performance.
10. Brother P-touch, PTP750W, Wireless Label Maker
- NFC CONNECTIVITY: The Brother P-touch PT-P750W wireless label maker allows users...
- WIRELESS NETWORK: Share with others on your 802.11bgn wireless network or...
- MULTIPLE POWER SOURCES: PTP750W can be used with an AC power adapter, wireless...
Another product from Brother has made the final cut among the ten best color label printer for small business – the P-touch PTP750W label maker. This appliance is a wireless label printer that does not need to be connected physically to your computer or smart device to work. Efficiently complete all your office label printing jobs with this flexible label printer that can be used at the same time by more than one user. Experience the Brother P-touch’s high-speed production of professional quality labels.
Using the Brother P-touch label maker is easy, select any font on your Mac or PC and insert symbols, images, and bar codes with the P-touch Editor 5 software that is also included. With its quick print speeds and its automatic tape cutter, producing labels that are ready to use is effortless. Design and print your eye-catching labels direct from your smartphone or other portable devices using the iPrint label app. Ensure, though, that you are accessing a compatible version of the iPrint software for best results.
- Wirelessly connect to the Brother P-touch PT-P750W label printer form any NFC-capable mobile device;
- Others can work with you when you share your project over the wireless network, or onsite with USB connections;
- Use the PTP750W with a wireless network, an AC power adapter, or a rechargeable battery (that you buy separately).
- P-touch software allows you to design and print labels of high resolution that include barcodes, graphics, and logos;
- This printer works best with original Brother P-touch TZe tapes that measures up to 24mm (about 1 inch).
Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Select Color Label Printer
What are some of the things you look for when buying a label printer? Is it the design, size, weight, or aesthetics? You may be more inclined to look at its features, efficiency, durability, or portability. Either way, here are a few crucial things you must look for when buying the best commercial label printer for your purposes.
There are various options to choose from when considering your color label printer. You may take either an inkjet label printer or a thermal one. The main difference between the two types lies in the printing technology used. Inkjet label printers come in two varieties – the piezoelectric and the thermal. The piezoelectric inject printer works faster and more accurately than the thermal inkjet. For this print method, droplets of ink are pushed from the print head nozzle and hit with electrical power to fuse on the label’s surface resulting in a photo quality image. These label printers are not only faster and more accurate, but they are also much cheaper to operate. Thermal label printers also come in two types – the direct thermal and the thermal transfer printer. Special, chemically treated paper is heated by the thermal print head sufficiently to turn the affected area darker. Direct thermal printing can only produce black and white images which can fade with time. Direct Thermal label printers do not need toners or ink. The thermal transfer printer applies heat to a wax or resin printer ribbon to transfer the melted wax or resin to the surface. You can produce colored designs using this print method. The good news about thermal printing is that it is quite cost effective
Workload and frequency of use:
Whether you need to use your color label printer frequently on a high demand workload, or not will determine the type of product to buy. High demand label printing businesses require a sturdy and durable label printer that also enables the fast production of high-quality labels. You will need to examine the specifications of the labels to determine which ones will stand up to the rigors of the high-volume business. Commercial color label printers would be the best color label printer for small business needs. If you only need your color label printer to do a little printing here and there, then more modest, less sophisticated label printers would do just fine.
It helps to have a fast, yet reliable label printer for your home and business. Print speed is a crucial factor that will make the difference between a quick turn around to satisfy clients and an agonizing wait. Even for small jobs around the home office, you would like to have a quick printer. Printer speed can be measured in labels per minute. The higher the labels per minute, the faster the capacity of the label printer.
The one thing you would want to avoid is a costly label printer that is hard to maintain. It’s a good idea to check with your supplier on the servicing the label printer would require, and the availability of parts.
Supplier’s support and warranty:
Often taken for granted, the warranty and support provided by the product supplier is an important consideration. If you receive no assurance of warranty or support for the label printer you are considering, look elsewhere. Most suppliers would offer some form of warranty and support, so it’s up to you to decide how much to accept.
Frequently ASK Question About Color Label Printer
1. Which label printer is the best?
Why you need a label printer will give you the best clue as to the right label printer for you. If you are interested in the best color label printer for small business purposes, then high-performance label printers are appropriate. These are sturdy, durable, and efficient label printers. Not only are such printers suitable for heavy demand jobs, but they are also more cost effective and easier to maintain. If, however, you need to print a small number of labels occasionally then you don’t need a sophisticated and more expensive label printer. The occasional user does not require a round the clock label printer as other, less costly label printers would be better. The bottom line is that the best printer is the one that suits your purposes and meets your label printing needs.
2. What is the best thermal printer for shipping labels?
Thermal label printers that can accept wide label paper as well as print a high number of labels are better than the low capacity printers. That said, the direct thermal label printer is the better choice for printing shipping labels as they are more cost effective. You don’t need ink or toner for the direct thermal label printer, and maintenance cost is also quite low as these thermal printers do not have many moving parts. You will also find that thermal printers that produce black and white texts and images are better for shipping labels. These thermal printers are less expensive for printing shipping labels.
3. How much does a label maker cost?
The cost of a label maker varies depending on the type of device you are looking for. The portable, hand-held label printers may range between US $18 to around $25 on Amazon. Desktop style label makers may go for a little higher, ranging approximately $25 to as high as just under $900. You might find other prices by browsing the websites of various suppliers. The number of features on the label printer also determines how much it will cost.
4. Do Label Printers use ink?
Yes, but only the inkjet label printers use ink for printing black and white and color labels. The label printers that do not use ink are called Thermal Label Printers. The Thermal label printer uses heat to transfer texts and images to the print label. Although the inkjet label printers use ink, they do not operate in the same way as standard printers. The inkjet label printers use droplets of ink that is pushed out from the print head nozzles and fired with electricity. This action transfers the texts and images onto the print label surface.
5. Are DYMO plastic labels waterproof?
At first, DYMO produced printer labels that were not waterproof. If any of its printed labels touches water, the printed texts and images would be ruined (unless you were very quick to wipe the water off). DYMO has recently produced print labels that are made of plastic or polypropylene that is entirely waterproof. The company also produces labels that are made of paper that is coated for thermal printing. These labels are not as waterproof as the polypropylene labels.
So, there you have it! Ten label printers that you can rely on for all your label printing needs. Of course, finding the best color printers is easier with trusted best color label printer reviews. Every question you may have would have been answered with the expert guidance provided in these reviews. You might have already selected the label printer and need no further prodding to go ahead and close the deal. Great! You can always trust professional reviews, customer feedback, and other research to ensure that the color label printer you finally selected is just the one for you.[/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]